Policies & Best Practices
Children’s Poverty Alliance Affiliates local chapters offer each other support and services as they pursue their missions. Local chapters carry on the work of Children’s Poverty Alliance by providing education and capital programs that meet the needs of their specific communities.
These best practice concepts outline a basic system for mutual support and high-quality professional education and communication. Children’s Poverty Alliance staff and the Chapter Services Director are available to assist you in the implementation of these best practices.
- Each year, local chapter officers and Children’s Poverty Alliance Division/Affiliate staff meet to agree on:
- Education, communication and fundraising activities for the next fiscal year, including the chapter’s proposed budget.
- This meeting should be part of the affiliate’s annual strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Each local chapter chair participates in Children’s Poverty Alliance Affiliate activities and may serve as a member or liaison of its professional committees.
- Children’s Poverty Alliance board members or staff members are invited to all local chapter meetings, including Executive Committee meetings, and attend whenever possible.
- For simplicity of account administration, we recommend chapter promote either Children’s Poverty Alliance Associates, or do away with dues completely.
Resources for Chapter Chairs
- Agenda / Program Template
- Financial Policies
- Best Practices
- Chapter Policies
- Find your local office
- Contact Children’s Poverty Alliance HQ
- Request webpage edits
- Local Chapter Webpage Template